- 2 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 long English cucumber, cut lengthwise into quarters and then thinly sliced crossways
- 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, cut into ¾ inch strips
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp ground sumac, soaked for 10 minutes in 2 tsp of warm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried mint
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste
- 2 pitas, halved and cut into bite size strips
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Combine and toss vegetables in a large bowl
Whisk all the ingredients in order, adding the oil slowly.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine the strips of pita with the olive oil and salt to season. Bake/toast for 10-12 minutes turning over half way through.
- Add desired amount of dressing to salad and toss. Then add the pita strips and toss. Season with salt.
Sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sumac on top of finished salad.
- Enjoy with your falafels and tahini dipping sauce.