Serves 4 to 6
Total Time 90 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours
- 2 pkg Sol Cuisine Italian Meatballs
- 12 oz ziti pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
Substitute spinach for kale if preferred.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cook Sol Cuisine Italian Meatballs according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat the oil in large ovenproof skillet. Cook the onion, red pepper, garlic and rosemary for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir in the meatballs and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the kale and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the kale is starting to wilt.
- Add the pasta, reserved cooking liquid and half of the basil, tossing until well coated. Stir in 1 cup of cheese and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
Connect with to review