Products › Appetizers › Chik’n and Waffles with Sriracha Maple Syrup
Chik’n and Waffles with Sriracha Maple Syrup
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, vegan butter and cider vinegar; stir into flour mixture until just combined. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cook Crispy Chik’n Bites according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ladle 1 cup batter into waffle iron to cover about two-thirds of the grid surface. Close lid; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until steam stops emerging from the waffle iron and waffles are golden brown and crisp. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, stir together maple syrup and sriracha.
- Top each waffle with Crispy Chik’n Bites; drizzle with sriracha maple syrup. Garnish with green onions and chili pepper.
Tip: Alternatively, serve as a sandwich by assembling Crispy Chik’n Bites and sriracha maple syrup between 2 waffle halves.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes (+ 10 minutes standing time)
1 1/2 pkgs (300 g pkgs) Sol Cuisine Crispy Chik’n Bites
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups plant-based milk, at room temperature
1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
2 tsp cider vinegar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sriracha hot sauce
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 fresh finger chili pepper, thinly sliced
Try these other SOL favs!
the latest from the