Products › Dinner › Baked Vegan Mac & Cauliflower Burger
Baked Vegan Mac & Cauliflower Burger
with Cauliflower burger and Creamy cashews sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook macaroni according to package instructions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Cook patties according to package instructions. Crumble patties and set aside.
- Drain soaked cashews, reserving 1 cup liquid. In blender, pulse cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic powder, adding enough of the reserved soaking liquid, 1 tbsp at a time, until smooth and creamy.
- In large skillet set over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil; cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumbled cauliflower burgers; set aside. Toss together macaroni and reserved pasta cooking liquid, sautéed onions, cashew mixture, remaining olive oil, vegan Worcestershire sauce, pepper, mustard powder, and remaining crumbled cauliflower burgers.
- Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish; top with reserved crumbled cauliflower burgers. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until top is golden brown. Sprinkle with chives.
Tip: Use gluten-free or whole wheat pasta if desired – it’s just as delicious.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
1 box Sol Cuisine Cauliflower Burger (4 patties), crumbled
1 lb elbow macaroni
2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 onion, diced
Try these other SOL favs!
the latest from the