Total Time 38 minutes
Prep time 8 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups carrots, finely chopped
- 1 drizzle of oil
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk (approx. 1.75 to 2 cups)
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp Tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (or to taste)
- 10 twists of freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 salt to taste (add salt as per the salt level of the Tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 tbs flour
- 6 Crispy Tempura Plant-based Filets
- 1 Noodles of choice as per preferred serving size
- In a small bowl combine all spice mix ingredients set aside. Prep onions, garlic and carrots.
- Place a pot on medium heat. Once hot, drizzle some oil and spread it around evenly. Add onions and cook for 1 minute. Mix in garlic and carrots and continue to cook until onions are golden/brown.
- Mix in the prepared spice mix and cook while stirring for 30-45 seconds. Add coconut milk, Tamari (or soy sauce) and water. Mix well and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15-18 minutes. Stir every 3-4 minutes, be careful not to allow the curry to stick to the bottom of the pan. Uncover the pot and continue to cook at the same low heat, stirring every 2 minutes, for another 5-7 minutes until the curry is thick and creamy.
- While the curry is cooking, follow package instructions and cook the Crispy Tempura Plant-based Filets and noodles of choice.
- Taste the curry, adjust salt if needed. Remove from heat and cover. Allow the curry to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve hot with Crispy Tempura Plant-based Filets and noodles.