Serves 48 pieces
- 1 package Sol Cuisine Tofu
- 24 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 1/2 Juice of lemons
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leafs
- To prep and cure tofu, rinse tofu and drain, then use a paper towel to pat dry.
- Slice tofu block in half from side then slice those halves into pieces about 2 cm by 2 cm size. (size is optional but if squares are too large they are difficult to serve as a small appetizer)
- Line a baking sheet with saran wrap, arrange tofu slices on sheet and squeeze lemon juice and salt over the pieces — flip tofu and squeeze lemon and sprinkle salt on reverse side.
- Refrigerate, uncovered for 12 hours.
- Slice Cherry tomatoes in half and set aside.
- With a sharp knife or scissors chop or cut fresh basil leaves
- In a bowl gently toss together the olive oil, basil, salt and pepper until mixed.
- (Alternatively, you can cut one small piece of basil leaf and place on tofu rather than mix in with oil.)
- Assemble by placing one a small spoon of mixture on each piece of tofu and top with a half cherry tomato. Finish it off with a drizzle of any remaining mixture or a light drizzle of your best extra virgin olive oil. Note: Olive oil with a dark green colour makes a delightful presentation.
- Can serve with decorative toothpicks or serve 3 or 4 on an appetizer plate
- These can be prepared and refrigerated for a couple hours before serving.