Total Time 2.5 hours
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 2 hours
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup packed Firm Artisan Tofu, crumbled
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (or to taste)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon agar powder dissolved in 3 tablespoons of plant milk
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain the water and place dates along with cashews and coconut oil in a blender. Blend until coarse; the mixture should be able to hold itself up.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and mix in the puffed quinoa. Continue to mix until the puffed quinoa absorbs some of the moisture from dates mixture.
- Equally transfer the mixture into six 4” tart pans. Using the back of a spoon or your clean hands, press the mixture into each pan. If the mixture is sticky, lightly wet the back of the spoon or your hands.
- Refrigerate the crust while preparing the filling.
- Crumble the tofu (should have a packed ½ cup of crumbled tofu) and place it between paper towels or a cheese cloth. Press down on the tofu to release excess water. Repeat this process until the tofu is completely dry.
- Place the tofu in a blender, along with the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, sugar and condensed milk. Blend until smooth and very well combined.
- Transfer the filling to a saucepan and mix in the agar + milk mixture. Bring to the boil while stirring constantly and cook for 1-2 minutes (mixture can splatter while boiling). Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Before the mixture sets, spoon or pour it over the crust and using the back of a spoon spread the mixture into the entire tart pan.
- Refrigerate tartlets for minimum 2 hours up to overnight.