- 3 medium green bell peppers
- 1 package of Sol Cuisine Mushroom & Wild Rice Burgers (4 patties)
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 small cooking onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup mushroom stock
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped (oregano, thyme & rosemary)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan Favourite shredded cheese to top
Salt & black pepper to taste
- Cook rice as directed by the packaging.
- Cut your peppers in half, core and rinse them out. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the peppers in batches for about 5 minutes. Remove and let them dry on a cooling rack.
- Melt butter into a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until fragrant. Toss in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes before you crumble in the defrosted patties.
- Once the burger crumble has browned, sprinkle with flour and mix until combined. Add the cooked rice, milk, broth, parmesan, nutritional yeast, mustard powder, fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Fold everything together and simmer for approx. 5 minutes until the mixture thickens. Add more milk/broth in small amounts until you reach your desired consistency.
- Spoon the filling into the peppers and top with the cheese shreds. Broil in the oven for a couple of minutes until the cheese bubbles.