- 1 1/2 pkgs Sol Cuisine Crispy Chik’n Bites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh finger chili pepper, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vegan butter and cider vinegar. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cook the Crispy Chik’n Bites according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ladle 1 cup of batter into waffle iron to cover about two-thirds of the grid surface. Close the lid and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until steam stops emerging from the waffle iron and waffles are golden brown and crisp. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, stir together the maple syrup and sriracha.
- Top each waffle with Crispy Chik’n Bites; drizzle with sriracha maple syrup. Garnish with green onions and chili pepper.
You can also serve as a sandwich by assembling Crispy Chik’n Bites and sriracha maple syrup between 2 waffle halves.