- 1 box Sol Cuisine Cauliflower Burger (4 patties), crumbled
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cook the macaroni according to package instructions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Cook the patties according to package instructions. Crumble the patties and set aside.
- Drain the soaked cashews, reserving 1 cup of liquid. In a blender, pulse the cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic powder, adding enough of the reserved soaking liquid, 1 tbsp at a time, until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumbled cauliflower burgers and set aside. Toss together the macaroni and reserved pasta cooking liquid, sautéed onions, cashew mixture, remaining olive oil, vegan Worcestershire sauce, pepper, mustard powder and remaining crumbled cauliflower burgers.
- Transfer to a greased 13- by 9-inch glass baking dish and top with reserved crumbled cauliflower burgers. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Sprinkle with chives.
Use gluten-free or whole wheat pasta if desired – it’s just as delicious.