Sol Cuisine Side Dish of the Week: Roasted Beets & Carrots
We’ve decided to start sharing some of our favourite side dishes because we know how easy it is to overlook your pairing options, especially when your main feature is due to be AMAZING. But sides can be equally great and simple to create, so that you’re not exhausted and drained before you even eat!
Our first side dish is a classic roasted beet and carrot recipe, and since there are so many farmers’ markets during the summer, these two ingredients are easy to find and inexpensive… not to mention fresh and local!
Ingredients (serving approximately 4):
- 4 large beets, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 12 medium sized carrots, peeled
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Place beets and carrots on aluminum foil and drizzle about 3 tbsp. of oil overtop.
- Disperse the minced garlic overtop
- Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold the aluminum foil over to seal the veggies so they don’t dry out.
- Place on baking pan and roast for about an hour, until tender.
- Serve with your favourite Sol Cuisine veggie burger, Organic BBQ Tofu Ribs or dish of choice and enjoy!