- Cook falafels according to instructions. Deep fry, bake or flat-top grill (hold in steam table for up to 30 minutes if preparing individually from line).
- Slice warmed pita pockets along the top of pita. If pita is large, slice in half.
- Lay pita on surface and holding open from one side add the shredded lettuce (if put in first it stops sauces from saturating pita), 3 falafels for whole pita & two for half pita, tomato and cucumber slices.
- Squirt or spoon in sauce and items of choice.
- Once all items have filled the pita pocket, top with a bit more sauce and lettuce.
- Serve on plate or wrap in paper for customer.
Traditional Falafel Pita
Prep Time: 30 min.
- 36 Sol Cuisine Falafel Patties
- 12 whole wheat or white pita
- sliced tomatoes (24 slices)
- sliced cucumbers (24 slices)
- shredded lettuce (enough for 12 Pitas)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- hot sauce (tabasco or red hot)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Garnish: 1/2 cup finely chopped red and green peppers and parsley
(Can substitute with tzatziki, creamy garlic or ranch dressing)
- 1 1/2 cups tahini
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp. tamari or soy sauce