Mmmeatless Meatballs with Amazing Dad’s Organic Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce
We recently discovered the MOST delicious BBQ sauces (Amazing Dad’s) and have since been trying to find recipes that can incorporate them. The first meal we’ve come up with uses Amazing Dad’s Organic Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce, which is gluten-free and serves as an amazing dip or glaze. The sauce is a perfect blend that is delicate in flavour, not overly sweet, but powerful enough to accentuate your dish. Our Meatless Meatballs wouldn’t have been the same without it!
To make 10 Meatless Meatballs, you’ll need:
- 1 package of Sol Cuisine Organic Veggie Crumbles
- A generous amount of Amazing Dad’s Organic Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce to coat your “meatballs”
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of crushed walnuts
- 2 medium sized carrots, diced or chopped (depending on the consistency desired). We left our veggies quite chunky.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 of a large yellow and red pepper (or half of small peppers), diced or chopped
- A spring of parsley to garnish
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly oil your pan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes, until translucent. Add in the remaining veggies and 1/3 cup of water. Cover and let simmer until the veggies soften; if the veggies dry and stick to the pan, add more water (just a touch).
3. Dump Sol Cuisine Organic Veggie Crumbles into a bowl, mix in the cooked veggies until the mixture is evenly distributed.
4. In the palms of your hands, roll mixture into little balls, pressing everything together until firm.
5. Drop a dollop of Dad’s Amazing Organic Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce into a bowl and roll the “meatballs” gently until coated all around.
6. Layer baking tray with aluminum paper and place the “meatballs” on top.
7. Layer another tray with aluminum paper and place the crushed walnuts on top.
8. Place both trays in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn the walnuts! We recommend separate baking trays in case the walnuts need to be removed before the “meatballs”.
9. Top with walnuts, garnish and enjoy! You can even serve with a bowl of Dad’s sauce as a dip!