CookSimple’s Cowboy Chili Featuring Sol Cuisine’s Veggie Crumbles – Round Two!
This recipe was so delicious the first time, we decided to make it again! What’s great about CookSimple’s vegan and gluten-free product is that the contents of the package are fabulous on their own, but if you choose, they work wonderfully when combined with your favourite vegetables. And to top it off, we can’t even put into words how fragrant CookSimple’s chili mixture is – the scent of the cinnamon and spice blend wafting through your kitchen is enough to make the half hour of cook time seem like a lifetime. Seriously, it’s that good!
The package consists of a hearty blend of nutritional ingredients, like quinoa, black and red beans, tomatoes, onions, zucchini and spinach but this time around, we added yellow, red and orange peppers for colour and texture. As well, for your protein needs, Sol Cuisine’s Organic Veggie Crumbles do the trick with 7g per serving! Our crumbles also have 88% less fat than ground beef, are Non-GMO Project Verified, certified gluten-free and vegan. And in just 30 minutes, you’ve created a savoury and healthy veggie meal!
To serve approximately 5 people with CookSimeple’s Cowboy Chili with Quinoa and Cinnamon, you’ll need:
- 1 package of CookSimple’s Cowboy Chili Mixture
- 1 package of Sol Cuisine’s Organic Veggie Crumbles, American retail here
- 15 oz. of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups of water (substitute 3/4 cup of water for dark beer, if you’d like!)
- Additional vegetables (optional)
- In a medium pot, combine CookSimple’s Cowboy Chili mixture with diced tomatoes, water (or water + beer) and other vegetables of choice (we used yellow, red and orange peppers).
- On high heat, bring pot to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until beans are cooked, following package directions.
- With about 5 minutes left to go, add in Sol Cuisine’s Organic Veggie Crumbles, following package directions.
- Top with garnishes of choice and serve!