Acorn Squash Stuffed with Quinoa and Sol Cuisine’s Sweet Curry Vegetable Burger
Acorn squash recipes are a great example of how resourceful we can be with nutritious and delicious vegetables – cutting them in half invites you to explore the capabilities since their convenient bowl-like shape allows you to stuff the centre with creative mixtures. To make the most out of an acorn squash, keep the seeds, which you can roast and eat later (again, the options are endless).
The acorn squash is a great source of dietary fiber and potassium along with vitamins C, B6 and B1. Pair this item with the unquestionable nutritional value of quinoa (a complete protein high in magnesium and iron) and our Sweet Curry Vegetable Burger (low in calorie but high in protein with calcium and iron), and you’ll have a fantastically healthy meal that’s fun to serve and absolutely mouth-watering.
- 4 Sol Cuisine Sweet Curry Vegetable Burgers
- 4 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 green onion sprigs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1.5 cups of quinoa
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 6 tbsp. of maple syrup (the syrup complements the Sweet Curry Burger amazingly!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Score the insides of the squash (to help cook evenly and absorb the syrup) then pour 1.5 tbsp. of maple syrup in each of the halves.
- Place squash in a baking tray with a ¼ inch layer of water so the bottoms don’t burn or dry. Bake for approximately 1 hr. or until flesh is very soft.
- When the squash have about 20 min. left to cook, begin sautéing onions, garlic and red pepper over medium heat for about 5 min. or until onion is translucent.
- Add the quinoa and sauté for additional 2 minutes, mixing ingredients.
- Pour the vegetable broth overtop, bring to a boil, cover and cook for about 15 min. or until light and fluffy.
- When everything is 15 min. from being ready, place Sweet Curry Vegetable Burgers on a separate, lightly oiled baking tray in the oven with the squash. Cook burgers for about 7 min. per side, following package directions.
- When cooked, crumble the Sweet Curry Vegetable Burgers into the quinoa mixture and stuff inside the squash.
- Serve and enjoy!