A Summery Salad featuring Sol Cuisine’s Organic Falafel
Spring and summer are seasons that call for refreshing salads that keep meals light, yet wholly satisfying. Inspired by these atypical temperature highs, we’ve created an organic falafel salad that combines a variety of invigorating ingredients; crisp apples cubes, crunchy pine nuts, tender cranberries, wheatgrass and wheatberries are mixed together in this nutrient-rich recipe that is topped off with our Organic Falafel and Tahini Sauce. A cool combination that’s great for the season and great for you.
To serve 2, you’ll need:
- A small fist-full of wheatgrass, finely chopped
- 2 cups of kale (we used red kale), washed thoroughly and chopped
- 1 cup of hard red wheatberries (substitute for kasha if gluten-intolerant)
- 2/3 cup of raw pine nuts
- 2/3 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 McIntosh apple, cubed
- 6 Sol Cuisine Organic Falafels, American retail here.
*Bonus: When wheatgrass is finely chopped, it blends beautifully with the kale, so you get all the nutrients minus the chewy consistency. Incorporated together, the texture of all these healthy ingredients complement each other wonderfully.
- Place wheatberries in 3 cups of boiling water for approximately 1 hour or until cooked, following package directions.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. When the wheatberries have about 15 minutes left to cook, place falafel on lightly oiled baking pan for about 7-10 minutes per side, following package directions.
- Leave package tahini sauce out to thaw.
- Once the wheatberries and falafels are nearly done, wash and chop the wheatgrass, kale and apple.
- When wheatberries are cooked, rinse them under cool water, then layer on top all of the ingredients.
- Drizzle with tahini sauce and enjoy!